Arrival / Departure Times
Arrival time at Camp Bob is Sunday at 4 pm
Pick up time at Camp Bob is Friday at 4 pm
We appreciate your efforts to be on time for drop off on Sunday and pick up on Friday.
Family Camp Information
Family Camp begins at 4 p.m. Monday, August 20th and ends at 11 a.m. on Friday, August 24th.
Registration for Family Camp will be in camp, as with other camps. Families will walk into camp together and all gear will be trucked in separately.
Tuck (pop, chips, candy, chocolate bars) is extra for Family Campers.
Directions to Camp Bob
To get to Camp Bob, follow Hwy 19 north from Campbell River towards Sayward / Port Hardy. About 30 km (20 minutes) north of Campbell River, you will pass Roberts Lake Resort on the right hand side followed by a Rest Area overlooking the lake. Turn right onto the Elk Bay Main Logging Road immediately at the north end of the lake (also signs to Eagles Cove). Follow the road about 1/2 km off the highway. As the road climbs up the hill to the left, you will see the sign for Camp Bob and the driveway into camp on the right hand side. You and your children will be met in the parking lot by our staff who will bring all gear into camp. You will walk into camp for registration via our lakefront trail.
What To Bring
3 RULES OF PACKING: LABELLED – WATERPROOF – COMPACT
- Warm sleeping bag – rolled tight
- Foamie or insulite (a must for sleeping on) rolled tight. Camp does not provide mattresses or foamies to sleep on
- Waterproof jacket or poncho
- Warm jacket
- “Play clothes” and socks
- No string strap tank tops
- Swimsuit (no bikinis)
- Two pairs footwear (one must be tight running shoes with back)
- Sandals or flip flops
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- Tooth brush and toiletries…
- Insect repellent (optional)
- Water bottle
- Bible (if you have one)
- Pen/ small/medium size coil bound book (lined)
- Duffle bag or backpack for clothes – must close
- All belongings labelled with child’s name
- Extra garbage bag for waterproofing
All Campers in 11 – 13 and 14 – 17 camps – please bring a daypack for a possible off-site overnight trip.
Any medication coming to camp must be labelled with child’s name and in original container
- and will be stored at camp in a locked place.
- Please do not bring “junk food”. No food is allowed in the tents. Each camper is given $1.25/day to spend on “Tuck” (drinks, chips, bars, etc.) This is included in each camper registration
- Tents, dishes, stoves, matches, first aid kit will be supplied.
What Not to Bring:
No Cigarettes, Drugs, Alcohol, Firecrackers, Fireworks, etc.
leave ALL MP3 players, electronic games, cell phones, other valuables, etc… at home.
- Please leave your DOGS at home
- – they are not permitted at Camp.
NOTE: ALL GEAR
- – sleeping bags, foamies, and clothing
MUST BE TIGHTLY PACKED IN WATERPROOF BAGS. IT WILL BE TRANSPORTED TO CAMP BOB IN AN OPEN PICK UP.