CAMPFIRE LEADERSHIP TRAINING (CLT)
CLT is an intensive 3 week Outdoor Leadership Training program designed for teens 14 – 17 years old interested in developing leadership training skills in preparation to be a counselor / future staff member at Camp Bob or with another camp, ministry or missions opportunity.
CLT is a 2-year (summer) Outdoor Leadership Training Program designed to:
– challenge student-leaders to grow in their personal spiritual faith journey with Jesus Christ
– prepare student-leaders to be a counsellor or staff member within an outdoor camp environment
– encourage student-leaders to discover their passion in serving others for long term social impact
– empower a generation of student-leaders to make a meaningful difference, making a positive impact on their culture for the Kingdom of God
CLT Program focus:
– character development through personal spiritual growth in their own faith journey with Jesus Christ
– leadership training through interactive Team building
– skill and technique development in outdoor activities:
rock climbing & belaying, archery, canoeing/kayaking, orienteering & survival skills, sailing, etc.
– learning to model servant leadership through service opportunities & work projects
kitchen duties, kitchen & bathroom cleaning, site clean-up, trail maintenance, firewood, gear & supply transport, etc.
– interactive participation with campers during meals and activities
– leadership experience (year 2)
limited ‘tent time’ with campers under direct supervision of a senior counsellor
opportunity to ‘shadow’ a senior counsellor and/or activity leader
help with supervision of games & activities involving campers
CLT is demanding both physically and spiritually, requiring giving of one’s self sacrificially for the benefit of the campers and the program
Participants will work hard for extended periods of time and should have a desire to grow spiritually and a willingness to:
– learn & try new things
– ‘stretch’ themselves beyond their comfort zone
– develop a servant attitude through practical ‘hands on’ service opportunities
Participants are expected to commit for the full 3 weeks of the program
Requests for ‘time away’ from the program to attend pre-scheduled events (such as family gatherings, weddings, etc.) must be pre-approved by the Executive Director in advance of the start date of the program.
Program runs continuously for 3 weeks (including weekends) beginning Saturday at 7 pm of start date and ending on the last Friday at 5 pm.
Except for medical emergencies, no refunds will be granted for participants who do not complete the program.
CLT site is a self contained site with it’s own tents, cooking & dining areas.
All food is provided for this program – $1.25/day ‘tuck’ is included in registration fees (weekends excluded). Any additional snacks are the responsibility of the participant.
Additional fee of $6 / week required for laundry
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO APPLICATIONS RECEIVED BEFORE APRIL 15th.
All Applications must be completed in full to be considered for participation in program.
Space is limited — apply early.
Applications received after April 15th will be considered based upon space available.
See Schedule / Costs for Program Dates and Costs
See Arrival / Departure for Program Start and End Dates and Times, as well as directions to Camp Bob and a CLT What to Bring List
See Registration / Forms for CLT Application and Medical Forms as well as a What to Bring List