Campfire Leadership Training (CLT) :: Description / Program
CLT is an intensive 3 week Outdoor Leadership Training program designed for teens 14 – 17 years old interested in developing leadership training skills in preparation to be a counselor / future staff member at Camp Bob or with another camp, ministry or missions opportunity.
CLT is a 2-year (summer) Outdoor Leadership Training Program designed to:
- challenge student-leaders to grow in their personal spiritual faith journey with Jesus Christ
- prepare student-leaders to be a counsellor or staff member within an outdoor camp environment
- encourage student-leaders to discover their passion in serving others for long term social impact
- empower a generation of student-leaders to make a meaningful difference, making a positive impact on their culture for the Kingdom of God
CLT Program focus:
- character development through personal spiritual growth in their own faith journey with Jesus Christ
- leadership training through interactive Team building
- skill and technique development in outdoor activities:
- rock climbing & belaying, archery, canoeing/kayaking, orienteering & survival skills, sailing, etc.
- learning to model servant leadership through service opportunities & work projects
- kitchen duties, kitchen & bathroom cleaning, site clean-up, trail maintenance, firewood, gear & supply transport, etc.
- interactive participation with campers during meals and activities
- leadership experience (year 2)
- limited 'tent time' with campers under direct supervision of a senior counsellor
- opportunity to 'shadow' a senior counsellor and/or activity leader
- help with supervision of games & activities involving campers
CLT is demanding both physically and spiritually, requiring giving of one's self sacrificially for the benefit of the campers and the program
- Participants will work hard for extended periods of time and should have a desire to grow spiritually and a willingness to:
- learn & try new things
- 'stretch' themselves beyond their comfort zone
- develop a servant attitude through practical 'hands on' service opportunities
Participants are expected to commit for the full 3 weeks of the program
- Requests for 'time away' from the program to attend pre-scheduled events (such as family gatherings, weddings, etc.) must be pre-approved by the Executive Director in advance of the start date of the program.
- Program runs continuously for 3 weeks (including weekends) beginning Saturday at 7 pm of start date and ending on the last Friday at 5 pm.
- Except for medical emergencies, no refunds will be granted for participants who do not complete the program.
CLT site is a self contained site with it’s own tents, cooking & dining areas.
All food is provided for this program - $1/day 'tuck' is included in registration fees (weekends excluded). Any additional snacks are the responsibility of the participant.
Additional fee of $6 / week required for laundry
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION - MAY 31, 2013
- All Applications must be completed in full to be considered for participation in program.
- Space is limited -- apply early.
- Qualifying applications will be considered based on date received.
- Program may fill up before May 31.